Welcome to the Cecil Jones Academy website
I hope and your son/daughter (s) have enjoyed a restful summer break. I wish you a warm welcome from the staff and governors at Cecil Jones Academy as we look forward with great excitement to the new academic year.To ensure we have the best possible start on Monday 7th September please remember the following:
• Year Seven students should arrive on site at 8.35am
• Year Eight, Nine, Ten and Eleven students at 9.35
• Post-Sixteen students at 8.35 if in Year Twelve or 9.35 if in Year Thirteen.
We have made substantial improvements to the safety and security of the Academy site to ensure the safeguarding of all students is excellent. One consequence of this is that parents will not be able to drop off or collect their son/daughter (s) from the site by car.
We will take a rigorous approach to ensuring that our expectations with regards to attendance, punctuality and uniform are adhered to by all students. Please expect to be contacted immediately if your son/daughter does not meet our expectations.
• Academy blazer and tie
• Academy skirt (Black pleated)
• Academy trousers (Plain black tailored)
• White shirt with collar and top button
• Black leather shoes (Not trainers)
• Female students should not wear nail varnish
• No extreme haircuts (Please make sure your child does not have braids, a cut under number three or mulit-coloured or two-tone hair.)
We look forward to working in partnership with you to ensure your son/daughter makes rapid academic progress.
Mr M Ovenden